For Children's Ministry
Click on the poster to print out the larger size.
This western/cowboy-styled "wanted" poster has 20 stars around the border and a place to insert each child's photo and name. Above the photo it says
"WANTED." Under the child's name it says,
"Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and the Master you are serving is Christ." Colossians 3:23-24
Under that it says "REWARD - Earn your stars - receive your heavenly reward!"
SUGGESTIONS FOR EARNING STARS:
To earn your "rewards" you must, voluntarily and with a joyful heart, exercise various ministries for Jesus and your church. Each time you show yourself to be a minister for the Lord, you will earn a star for your "WANTED" poster - and, for every 5 stars, a totally cool token of my appreciation from the Heavenly Treasures Box. Fill your poster with 20 stars and
I'll treat you to a make-your-own sundae at the local ice-cream shop.
I encourage you to choose one each week. Remember, you are not required to participate
- it is YOUR CHOICE.
* be an altar server (if you already serve, you will earn a star each time you participate)
* donate an item to the food pantry (Jell-O, shampoo, spaghetti sauce, tuna fish, soap, etc.) or to Birthright (new baby items)
* participate in Church, Christmas play, Evangelist poster contest and/or any other special events offered by our church. (only with your
parent's permission-have them see me first)
* greet people as they arrive for church
* present the gifts during service (when possible)
* participate in healing prayer after service on the 2nd and/or 4th Sunday of the month (this is an awesome opportunity to practice prayer!)
OTHER WAYS TO EARN YOUR STARS
* take time for the Lord; write in your prayer journal every week; every day if possible
(I'll be getting journals to you soon).
* read your Bible, every day if possible - this is how God speaks to you! Use the daily readings found in the weekly bulletin, and be ready to discuss!
* I'll be watching to see if you are singing in service (a form of prayer!), helping when asked (and when not asked), and generally showing yourself as a joyful Christian
- and I will give out stars accordingly. If you have any ideas about earning stars, or think you have done something worthy of a star, let me know. Anything that shows people you are a disciple of Jesus is definitely worthy of recognition!
Each time a child participates in a ministry, they are invited to affix a foil star to one of the stars on the poster. In my (homemade of course) "Heavenly Treasures" box I have small trinkets like WWJD? bracelets, earrings, dog-tag necklaces & key chains; tiny nativities; "Footprints" bookmarks; F.R.O.G. gliders & yo-yos; religious-themed pencils & shoelaces, etc.;
you get the idea. Most of my students are very enthusiastic about this ministry & reward program.
Your friend in Christ,
Copyright 2002 Heidi Eustis
Return to the Christian Crafts
You can make a
and donations to the site help to distribute
our children's ministry resources to churches across the world.
Subscribe to our Newsletter - Learn More