7) Mother's Day
Our children of the church will be honoring their mothers, grandmothers, and all mothers with a pancake breakfast. We have several men of the church who will be cooking. The Children will be serving and waiting on the mothers. They also made small gifts to hand out on mother's day.
We are going to plant flowers in a flower box outside at Church. The kids will then decorate a small pot and fill it w/dirt and a seed as a gift to their mothers. We will talk about the ways mothers help their kids grow into productive adults (with the help of God of course).
Mary Jo Loggins
9) Why did God Make Moms?
Why Did God Make Moms?
(Answers given by 2nd grade school children. You could use the following
questions or write your own for your church children to answer on Mother's
Why did God make mothers?
- She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
- Mostly to clean the house.
- To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
- He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
- Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
- God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
- God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
- They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
- We're related.
- God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's mom like me.
What kind of a little girl was your mom?
-My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
- I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
- They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
- His last name.
- She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
- Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your mom marry your dad?
- My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot.
- She got too old to do anything else with him.
- My grandma says that mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
Who's the boss at your house?
- Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
- Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
- I guess mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What's the difference between moms and dads?
- Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
- Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
- Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause
that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friends.
- Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your mom do in her spare time?
- Mothers don't do spare time.
- To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
-She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that
- I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it not me.
- I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
Keep SSTN going, become a Support Partner today!
One dollar a month helps provide
the Christian educational resources in our website and newsletter. To learn how you can partner with me, and have access to a few special
projects in the site, visit the following webpage: http://www.SundaySchoolNetwork.com/ministry_support.html
Or, write your US check or US Money Order to:
S.A. Keith - Creative Imaginations (d.b.a.)
Lake Park, FL 33403
(In the memo section of your check write: "SSTN Subscription." Please
include your email address.)
Sarah Keith <><
Board: "Enter his gates with thanksgiving, enter his courts
Need prayer? Come in and submit your requests, but while you're there, pray for
others too! We ask that you guard the prayer board and monitor it for
abuses that could arise--it is not a place for gossip or for
marketing products. Please respect this area. It has been set apart
for you. Follow this link to begin posting your prayer requests and
praying for your brothers and sisters in Christ: http://sstn.org/corkboard/index.html
Joining and Posting Guidelines: http://SundaySchoolNetwork.com/SSTN_guidelines.html
Copyright 1997 - 2010 / d.b.a. "S. A. Keith of Creative Imaginations
in any medium, commercial or noncommercial, is strictly prohibited
without prior written permission. SSTN has contributors from all
over the world who share their ideas. If you reprint any of the
ideas from SSTN, SundaySchoolNetwork.com or ChristianCrafters.Com in
any medium (websites, magazines, newsletters, etc.), you must
contact the submitter, and website for reprint permissions. Any
materials used must also include the submitter's name and where the
ideas were gleaned from. The opinions expressed or advertisements
displayed in the SSTN e-Newsletter are not necessarily endorsed by
SundaySchoolNetwork.com or any of its affiliates. SSTN reserves the
right to edit and or exclude information from the SSTN e-Newsletter.
| SSTN.org | ChristianCrafters.com | Bible-4-Life.com
ChristianTeachersNetwork.com | Sunday-School-Lessons.com | Bible-Lessons.net